Students CTM Program
The Corporate Treasury Management (CTM) Program is an exclusive arrangement between the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) and business schools across the country. This program is designed to introduce students to the many career options in the finance profession, including cash and treasury management. It also provides students with the analytical expertise and practical knowledge necessary to excel in finance professions.
In addition, AFP works with many corporations and financial institutions to gain support for the CTM Program and provide networking opportunities for students within the finance field, which often evolve into job opportunities.
Approved colleges and universities interested in providing students additional career-related opportunities can become education partners with AFP.
Benefits for Students
Students enrolled in the CTM Program broaden their academic experience by learning more about cash/treasury management, while gaining access to valuable student benefits.
- Gain a competitive edge over other graduating business students
- Prepare to sit for the Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) examination to earn the Certified Treasury Professional Associate (CTPA) credential. Students with their CTPA credential are eligible to earn the CTP designation after two years of full-time finance-related work experience. CTM Program students who pass the CTP exam will be rewarded a refund for all CTP exam fees.
- Increase opportunity for upward mobility
- Benefit from many networking opportunities
The CTM Program consists of a core curriculum in finance and business that includes a course based on the CTP body of knowledge, Essentials of Treasury Management, 5th Edition. The course is offered at a number of schools across the country and covers the following content areas reviewed in Essentials, and uses supplemental texts, case studies and articles relevant to treasury management and/or financial practices:
- The Role of Cash and Treasury Management in Corporate Finance
- The Regulatory and Legal Environment of Treasury Management
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Payment Systems
- Money Markets
- Capital Markets
- Relationship Management and Vendor Selection
- Working Capital Management
- Working Capital Metrics
- Collections, Concentration and Disbursements
- Short-Term Investing and Borrowing
- Long-Term and Capital Investments
- Cash Forecasting
- Information Technology in Treasury
- Operational and Enterprise Risk Management
- Financial Risk Management
- Treasury Policies and Procedures
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Financial Decisions and Management
The CTPA Candidate Information Bulletin details AFP's exam fee reimbursement policy for those who pass the CTP exam.
Get more information about transitioning from CTPA to CTP.
The CTM Program for Colleges and Universities
Expand your school's curricula in treasury.
Join schools from across the country that are participating in this exclusive program to help students get an early start on their careers. The CTM Program is a semester-long course consisting of an instructor's manual based on the Essentials of Treasury Management, 5th Edition, paired with a short-term financial text. The CTM Program is designed to complement existing courses in finance and accounting, with a specific focus on treasury. In addition to providing students with a competitive edge over other graduating business students, your academic institution will have access to a number of valuable benefits.
Benefits for Colleges/Universities:
- Annual subscription to AFP's bimonthly magazine, AFP Exchange
- One complimentary registration to the AFP Annual Conference for the CTM Program director
- Assistance in recruiting practitioners from local corporations to serve as guest speakers as part of the curricula
- Instructional support materials: Essentials of Treasury Management, 5th Edition and sample CTM exam questions
- Access to case studies via AFP's Online Research Database
- Sample of suggested course syllabus
- Full access to AFP's exclusive member Web site with more than 9,000 pages of financial content information
- Member pricing on all products and services
- One complimentary Certified Treasury Professional® (CTP) exam registration for the CTM program director
- Complimentary copy of AFP's Annual Compensation Survey Report
CTM Program Schools and Contacts
Samford University, Brock School of Business
Arkansas State University
University of Colorado at Denver
Southern Connecticut State University
Illinois State University
Northern Illinois University
Southern Illinois University
Ball State University
Southeastern Louisiana University
Western Michigan University
Dr. C.R. Krishna-Swamy
Delta State University
University of Southern Mississippi
Anthony Clark, Ph.D.
Mihail Rumleanschi, MBA
John Manley, Ph.D.
Ohio State University
East Central University
Francis Marion University
Middle Tennessee State University
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Texas State University - San Marcos
Texas Southern University
University of Dallas
University of Houston - Clear Lake
Brigham Young University